domingo, 8 de marzo de 2015

Rachael Ray reveals cancer scare: Her weight-loss diet and workout secrets

TV host Rachael Ray has always been generally healthy but never dieted or worked out. That all changed in 2009, when Ray underwent throat surgery to remove a cyst.


“I started running 3½ miles every morning [after the surgery and my cancer scare],” Ray, 45, told People. “The gym used to be my adversary, but that has all changed. Now, I look forward to it every morning.”


Rachael doesn’t know how much weight she has lost but has dropped several dress sizes. “Since I never get on a scale, I have no idea how much weight I’ve lost!” she says.


Ray regrets she didn’t start exercising until later in life, but is glad to have made the transition sooner rather than later.



I didn’t start meaningful exercise until I was 40, and I feel really guilty about that now that I’m a few years into running six days a week. I really feel like I missed out a lot in my adult years.”



The previously-sedentary Ray now wakes up at dawn every morning to run 30 minutes. She then hits the gym after her run, where she works out on the elliptical trainer for 45 to 60 more minutes before doing circuit-training on Nautilus machines.


“I look forward to this workout every morning but Sunday,” says Rachael, who adds that exercise has helped clear her mind.


Ray follows a mostly Mediterranean diet (featuring plenty of extra-virgin olive oil, vegetables and salads), and focuses on portion control over depriving herself of her favorite foods. “I don’t categorize food as bad or a guilty pleasure,” she says.


Like many women, Ray’s weight has fluctuated over the years. In 2003, the ex-Food Network star caused a stir when she posed for a sexy photo-shoot for FHM magazine.


Over the next few years, Ray slowly gained weight, thanks to her hectic career, which left little room for working out. Now, Rachael makes it a point to fit exercise into her daily schedule, and is much happier.


Ray, who also oversees her own magazine called “Every Day with Rachael Ray,” doesn’t plan to have any children with lawyer-musician husband John Cusimano.



There are no kids on the horizon for John and me. I do 280 episodes of TV a year, write 15 recipes for the magazine and publish an annual book. With all of that, we try to get one weekend a month with [our dog] Isaboo at our home in the Adirondacks to relax and recharge. It would be selfish of me to bring children into the world.”



The post Rachael Ray reveals cancer scare: Her weight-loss diet and workout secrets appeared first on Painless Diet Plans.






from WordPress http://ift.tt/1aVnsbr

via IFTTT

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario