lunes, 30 de marzo de 2015

Former Air Force Officer Launches #EncoreCareer as a #TourGuide, International Tour Management Institute (ITMI) Paves the Way



San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) March 30, 2015


“My Air Force career opened the world of travel for me. Many of my assignments allowed me to travel to foreign countries, to observe different cultures and meet interesting people. The desire to travel led me to tour guiding, it is a natural follow-on career for me,” states Larry Bell.



Former military personnel who have a passion for travel and desire the freedom to chart their own course, may find tour guiding a unique encore career option.



“When I returned from a 13-month tour of duty in Vietnam, I wanted to make a difference in the world. During my transition back to civilian life, I decided to take a yearlong bicycle trip throughout Europe. After that amazing experience, the travel bug hopelessly bit me. That ultimately sparked the idea for a school that would prepare people for a career in tour guiding,” states Ted Bravos, CEO of ITMI.



“The ITMI instructors made the course interesting and comprehensive,” adds Larry Bell. “Upon graduation, I felt that I was ready to direct my first tour, provide local step-on guide service, or host my first cruise. I find all aspects of the tour and travel business fascinating, from step-on local guiding, to cruise hosting, to event planning and operations, to domestic guiding and international tour management. Recently, I took the next logical step–I started my own tour business, Destination Discovery, so that I can design the itineraries that fulfill my dreams,” he added.



ITMI offers comprehensive field and classroom training that prepares graduates for immediate employment. Individual strategy sessions held after course completion, help students identify their immediate and long-term objectives. ITMI also helps students with resume preparation and assists them in arranging interviews with prospective employers.



Travel and tour companies are constantly seeking qualified professionals to direct tours or to serve as hosts on cruise ships. Speaking a second language enhances employment opportunities and increases earnings. Job placement is almost immediate, because the demand is much greater than the supply.



About ITMI:



Since 1976, ITMI has been America’s premier training and certification program for professional tour directors and guides, with over 7,000 graduates leading tours around the world. For more information about ITMI contact Annemarie Osborne Annemarie.Osborne(at)gmail(dot)com, or (949) 237-2906 or visit http://www.itmisf.com.



About Destination Discovery:



Destination Discovery, founded by Larry Bell, a former U.S. diplomat in Paris, France and Rabat, Morocco, designs and conducts tours in the western United States and throughout Canada, Italy, France, England, and Morocco. For more information, visit http://ift.tt/1CEqtHv or contact Larry Bell larrybell(at)destinationdiscovery(dot)com or call 801-245-0598.














The post Former Air Force Officer Launches #EncoreCareer as a #TourGuide, International Tour Management Institute (ITMI) Paves the Way appeared first on Discounted Hotel Rooms.






from WordPress http://ift.tt/1BY1qdq

via IFTTT

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario