miércoles, 11 de marzo de 2015

Prock joins Don Schumacher Racing

One day after his release from John Force Racing was announced, crew chief Jimmy Prock has landed at rival Don Schumacher Racing with an as-yet-unknown position.


DSR currently holds the top spots in Funny Car (Matt Hagan) and Top Fuel (Tony Schumacher), both categories that JFR competes in as well. Brittany Force is ninth in Top Fuel points, while three JFR Funny Cars – John Force, Courtney Force and Robert Hight – are in the hunt for the title behind Hagan. John Force is just 36 points back of Hagan, followed by Courtney Force in third (72 points back) and Hight in fifth (135 points back).


The Force family patriarch announced Prock’s departure Wednesday during an NHRA teleconference.


“I approached my crew chief of 15, 16 years, Jimmy Prock, a great kid, brilliant, that won a championship with Robert Hight and a championship with myself,” explained John Force. “When I approached him, he couldn’t give me an answer. That’s what this call is about. I said, Jimmy, ‘You know where I come from. I need to know if you’re with me or you’re not.’ We danced around for a few days. Finally I said, ‘I need to know because I have sponsor contracts that have been signed, contracts that are on the table. I’m selling this powerhouse race team of power teams. You and Mike Neff lead my charge and I need to know where I stand.’”


“Jimmy Prock said, ‘I’m probably going to leave at the end of the year,’” he continued. “I said ‘I need to know for sure.’ He said, ‘If I have to tell you, basically I need a change.’ I said, ‘I respect that.’ He turned in a resignation yesterday for the end of the year. I met with my brain trust, Robert Hight, Mike Neff and the group, John Medlen. I told Jimmy Prock I would accept his resignation, but I was accepting it now, I’ll take it right now.”


This season, Force and Prock combined three wins and seven runner-up finishes, along with a win in the Traxxas Nitro Shootout for Funny Car.


Keep up with NHRA action at www.nhra.com.


Quotes in this piece provided by the NHRA.



Check out Paula’s Examiner columns on motorsports:


· Motorsports Travel


· NHRA


· Joe Gibbs Racing


· Kyle Busch Motorsports


· Buffalo Motorsports


Follow Paula on:


· Facebook – Paula Thompson Freelance and Examiner.com Motorsports


· Twitter – @paulat14


· Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com


· Flickr – Paula Thompson Freelance


Contact Paula at paulathompsonfreelance@gmail.com



The post Prock joins Don Schumacher Racing appeared first on Discounted Hotel Rooms.






from WordPress http://ift.tt/1AjXGCN

via IFTTT

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario